Sunday, June 5, 2011

Just Not that Hungry

As the days go on, I keep seeing a decrease in my appetite. I'm happy for the fact that my mind isn't on food all the time, but I'm becoming obsessive with thin. My sister's in-laws are coming in less than two weeks and my mom is going to serve them all these amazing foods like Behari kabob and Chicken Tikka. It's going to be hell. Yesterday was okay. I had my period, so I was cramping like crazy since my uterus was contracting to drain out the blood. I was so dizzy because I'm losing so much blood and I'm not eating properly. I try to be healthy at the moment, but it's not possible when I'm trying to lose weight this fast. I do need iron. My body is also lacking electrolytes so I might have to invest in some low calorie sports drink before I work out.

My diet has been kind of backwards today. This morning I drank Acai berry juice (4 oz.) and I had another glass today. My mom made baked tandoori chicken breast, and while that's low in calories and fat, I'm reluctant to eat it. I'm afraid to lose control because I have a severe food addiction (how do you think I gained 30 lbs?). The only solid food I had was a granola bar, which I just had recently. I need to eat more, as weird as that sounds, but today is definitely not the day. I feel so shitty and crappy. I'm guessing it's my hormones since it's the 2nd day of my period.

As for workouts, I did Jillian Michael's yesterday, and I plan on doing it tonight as well. It's getting easier to keep up with. Maybe I'll do some glute exercises as well? I'll let you all know how that goes.

Diet Tip of the Day

I'm low on brain energy right now so I'm not going to write so much. Taking calcium is really good for your muscles. Your bones have plenty of calcium, and when the muscles aren't getting enough calcium that they need, they feed off the bones (hey that sounds like a familiar disease!). If you're going to try and build a little muscle, (which I suggest you do because every pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day just from you breathing and doing nothing else), make sure to take a calcium supplement and take it with a glass of milk. Calcium also helps with PMS and sore muscles after a workout.

Take care 
Lots of Love 
Saara

No comments:

Post a Comment