Saturday, June 4, 2011

Don't punish me!!!!

I was so exhausted yesterday from staying up all night with my sisters that I forgot to put up a new post!!!!! We were decorating the wedding cards with gems and stuff, and trust me, its not as tacky as you think it is. Yesterday, the times I did wake up, I ate almost nothing. I really wasn't hungry, but I made sure I ate properly, getting a good amount of carbs, protein, fats, etc. My total caloric intake was around.... 480??? plus i did another round of jillian michaels, AND arms yoga. My body is so sore, its hard for me to walk down the stairs, but I push myself anyways to walk down and up, because I know I'm moving around. Anyhow. I don't plan on eating much later, because I have good news!!!!! I'm 136.2 lbs!!! I KNOW I will get to my goal weight now. Anyhow, I just woke up, I'm so hungry, so I'm going to go eat something (yes my usual, granola and milk) and try and fit some exercise today, IF I CAN!!!

Diet tip of the Day

I'm assuming everyone at one point has cheated on their diet. It sucks. Food is evil at times, especially when we don't want it to be. We've all eaten out of hunger or celebration, or even out of boredom, and usually its something so yummy and delicious and probably loads and loads of calories. What I want you guys to realize is that it's okay if that happens. We're all human and we are prone to making mistakes, especially when it comes to food. It's normal for people to like fatty, sugary foods. If you look at the evolution of most animals, fat is used as a means of stored energy to prepare for a starvation period. Our bodies can hold almost an infinite amount of fat. 1 gram of fat contains around 9 calories!!! It sucks that we like unhealthy foods more than healthy foods, but who doesn't? There's not a single person in this world honestly gets up every day and is like, "Fatty and sugary foods taste awful!! I can't wait to have vegetables and food that taste like paper!!!" unless that person is either being sarcastic, OR they are truly like that. In that case, congratulations to you, you don't have to worry much about your health.
So if you accidentally cheat on your diet, don't go crazy. Don't give up all of a sudden, or don't go into complete starvation mode, hoping that it will work, which it won't most of the time. Instead, forgive yourself. It's important to forgive yourself of all the mistakes you've made and move on. Punish your body with exercise, not starvation. It's better in the long run.

alright lovies. I'm super hungry and i need some nom noms.

Take care! 
Lots of Love 
Saara

No comments:

Post a Comment