Saturday, July 30, 2011

So I know this is a Dieting blog BUT!!!!

Well... at the moment it's a dieting blog. I'll probably talk about more things on here just for the heck of it. Anyhow, what I wanted to talk about  most importantly was the fact that Ramadan is coming up around the corner (Hello monday) and I wanted to make a Ramadan month resolution. So here's my list of things that I want to accomplish.

1. Fast as many days as possible.
2. Learn at least two more surahs.
3. Become more educated about Islam.
4. Eat only Zabiha halal foods.
5. Don't go out and party.
6. Pray more often.
7. Establish good organization skills.
8. Be forgiving.

I know I don't have much readers, but I wanted to point out a few misconceptions about Ramadan that people have. A few non-muslim people find this month as an inhumane month because it mainly revolves around fasting from sun up 'til sun down. Fasting is a requirement for muslims, however, it is only a requirement for muslims without serious health problems. Muslims fast during Ramadan for several reasons, but mainly as a reminder to not take food for granted, or just anything in general. Even if you can't fast during Ramadan, it's no excuse to be a bad muslim. Ramadan is all about becoming better muslims, as is lent to Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment